Brislington Community Museum


Brislington Pottery



Brislington Pottery
Click ^ for larger image.


This delftware fragment of a dish bears the date 1653, and was found during the excavation of St Anne's Chapel, by W J Pountney in 1914. Along with some 450 other pot sherds, it was donated to the British Museum (many other sherds are archived in Bristol Museum and Art Gallery).

The design is painted in blue on a white (tin) glaze. The sherd is about 6.5 centimetres high.

Material: ceramic

Period: Post Medieval

Find spot: At or near Chapel Way, St Anne's (approximately ST621728)

Text written by Ken Taylor

Photographer: Trustees of the British Museum

Acquisition number: 120223a2





Go back to search results

New search

Browse all exhibits

About the museum