Click ^ for larger image.
Postcard photographed and published by Jesse Caleb Young. The front carries the title "TRAMWAY DEPÔT, BRISLINGTON." and his initials "j.c.y.".
Built to accommodate the introduction of electric trams, Brislington Depot commenced running these services in December 1900. This site has the distinction of being the country's very first major depot for electric trams (Bristol's network was the earliest in the UK). This Grade II listed building survives as a prominent landmark on the A4 Bath Road at the junction with Sandy Park Road (on the right of this photograph).
Visit our notes for more information about this photographer and postcard publisher, and his work in Brislington.
Exhibit contributed by Andrew Palmer
Text written by Ken Taylor (2022)
Photographer: Jesse Caleb Young (derived image by Andrew Palmer)
Acquisition number: 220827a1