Click ^ for larger image.
Postcard photographed and published by Jesse Caleb Young. The front carries the title "THE TEA GARDENS, CONHAM." and his initials "jcy".
At least seventeen people are clustered in groups in this shady part of what was then Beese's Tea Gardens, and has become Beese's Riverside Bar. The venue has been operating since 1846 when it was founded by Mrs Anne Beese on the Brislington side of the Conham Ferry that connected Gloucestershire with Somerset across the River Avon.
Visit our notes for more information about this photographer and postcard publisher, and his work in Brislington.
This postcard is also published online at Bristol Archives.
Exhibit contributed by Andrew Palmer
Text written by Ken Taylor (2022)
Photographer: Jesse Caleb Young (derived image by Andrew Palmer)
Acquisition number: 220828a1